- Step back in time and experience the culture and history of well-preserved Québec City.
- Cycle along the wooded shoreline and through some of Québec's most beautiful villages.
- Observe a wide variety of wildlife along the St. Lawrence Estuary and Saguenay Fjord.
- Stay in some of the area's most beautiful villages and dine in quaint, welcoming restaurants.
The Route Verte in Québec, Canada, is a bird and whale-watcher's paradise. Cycle from Québec City to the Saguenay Fjord, winding along estuaries, fjords, capes and beaches, and pass through quaint villages. You'll visit and stay in several villages designated as the "Most Beautiful Villages of Québec."
Starting on the Route Verte, you'll cycle along quiet country roads on the south shore of the St. Lawrence Estuary and inland to the rocky, wooded Saguenay Fjord shoreline. The tour stops in Tadoussac, the oldest village in Canada and one of the best places to spot whales and playful seals, before concluding in Québec City.
Airport Arrival/Departure City: Québec City
Average Daily Mileage and Terrain
Ride 40 to 60 miles over hilly terrain on lightly traveled roads.
The daily high temperature can range from 60 to 90 degrees in August. Get more detailed information about the weather in this area here.
- Lodging in small inns and B&Bs, including Hotel Tadoussac.
- Hearty, cyclist-friendly breakfasts every day.
- Most dinners (three-course, including wine).
- Full van support, snacks and drinks on the ride each day.
- Experienced tour guides, daily detailed maps and route notes.
- Transportation and luggage transfers during the tour, including ferries.
- Gratuities for transfers, hotels and restaurants.
- Custom ATG bike jersey and souvenir map with tour route.
What's Not Included
- Airfare and travel insurance.
- Lunches are on your own, so you have maximum flexibility each day.
- Non-group dinners. This gives you a chance to try the restaurant of your choice.
- Bikes are not included, but are available for an additional fee.
- Personal services, including laundry, telephone, hotel minibar charges, etc.
What Our Guests Are Saying
“I had a great idea to convince my cycling friends to do a European bike trip, after a few group meetings where much wine was consumed, but not much was decided, I knew I wanted someone else to handle the details of the trip. Lucky for me, I found ATG and Gary & Lise. My wife and I took a “test” trip with them to Quebec and they were great! They took us to places we would have never found on our own all the while taking care of the needs of a diverse group of riders. Upon our return from Quebec, we hosted our friends to an Italian wine dinner and by the evenings end they were all aboard for signing up with ATG for their Piedmont Wine Region bike tour. We all had the time of our lives! You cannot imagine how helpful and accommodating Gary & Lise are, when part of our group wanted to ride mountain passes and the rest wanted to go a bit easier it was no problem. When one bike needed a part, they drove to the another town to get it, they were amazing! And the trip? It was great, I had been to Italy before, but this time we experienced Italy on another level. Gary & Lise have friends everywhere they go and this allows you to get behind the “tourist” wall. We experienced the Italian culture, food, wines and countryside in a way that you never could on your own. My wife and I are looking forward to another ATG trip this fall in Spain. Thank you, Gary & Lise!”
Mark & Karen Spreitler, St. Louis, MO
"Our trip with Adventure Travel Group to Québec this summer was outstanding. This is a part of the world that is definitely off the beaten path, and we would have never been able to experience it properly without Gary and Lise. Their organization of trip logistics was wonderful; the route they choose was scenic with very few vehicles; and the hotels and restaurants were great values. We never could have put this trip together on our own, and it was definitely the highlight of the cycling year! I give them four stars!"
Ron Goldman, San Diego, CA
"Biking in Québec with ATG was a delight. It was amazing to be so close to the US and still be in a foreign country with beautiful scenery, good food, charming B&Bs, very few cars and not a word of English. The biking was a treat and Lise was always there to take care of us. Bike Québec – you'll love it."
Joe Costello, San Diego, CA
"We rode on Gary and Lise's Québec trip this summer and had a wonderful time. It's like having the taste of Europe at half the distance. The quaint villages, beautiful scenery and tasty food all added to the great fun we had. A few good hills along the fjord made for some good exercise too. Merci."
Dayle & Uli Mayer, San Diego, CA