- Pedal through wine country, coastal fishing villages and along the spectacular Adriatic coastline.
- Visit a Lipizzaner stud farm, an island safari park and explore Roman ruins.
- Cycle on lightly traveled roads bordering pristine beaches with crystal-clear water.
- Unwind at one of the many spas along the route, relax on the beach or take a scenic hike.
- Enjoy quaint restaurants that tourists never find.
This scenic cycling route travels through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia, offering spectacular views of the Adriatic coastline. Explore a countryside dotted with remote hilltop villages that some are calling the "New Tuscany." Ride alongside the picture-perfect vineyards of wine country and through unspoiled fishing villages. Along the route, you can visit Roman ruins and picturesque villages with Venetian and Austro-Hungarian architecture.
Trip Extension Suggestions: Venice or Slovenia
Average Daily Mileage and Terrain
Weather: Get more detailed information about the weather here.
- Lodging in quaint, welcoming inns and hotels.
- Hearty, cyclist-friendly breakfasts every day.
- Most dinners (four-course, including wine).
- Full van support, snacks and drinks on the ride each day.
- Experienced tour guides, and daily detailed maps and route notes.
- Transportation and luggage transfers during the tour.
- Gratuities for transfers, hotels and restaurants.
- Custom ATG bike jersey and souvenir map with tour route.
- Airfare and travel insurance.
- Lunches are on your own, so you have maximum flexibility in your day.
- Non-group dinners on the free evenings. This gives you a chance to try the restaurants of your choice.
- Bikes are not included, but are available for an additional fee.
- Personal services, including laundry, telephone, hotel minibar charges, etc., are not included.
What Our Guests Are Saying
"The best way to see a country is on your bike and Adventure Travel Group makes it easy by doing all the planning. Gary and Lise provided everything we needed – adventurous biking, wonderful hotels, great meals, panoramic scenery ... The Istrian peninsula of Croatia is not to be missed, but don't delay – once the word gets out, there'll be too many tourists on the road!"