- Ideal for cyclists who love to climb! Climb 20 classic Alps cols, including Mont Ventoux.
- Enjoy a mix of challenging mountain climbs and gentle, rolling hills through vineyards.
- Sample excellent wines and delicious cuisine at quaint restaurants where only the locals dine.
- Our small group offers a more relaxing and enjoyable travel experience.
The route begins in captivating Annecy, with its winding canals, weekly markets and myriad of outdoor activities, and concludes in beautiful Provence, with rolling hills, vineyards and flower-filled meadows.
Climb 20 Classic Alps Cols and Mont Ventoux!
Airport Arrival/Departure City: Paris or Geneva/Marseille airport, or Aix-en-Provence TGV (TGV back to Paris or Geneva)
Average Daily Mileage and Terrain
Weather: Get information about the weather in this area here.
- Lodging in quaint, welcoming inns and hotels.
- Hearty, cyclist-friendly breakfasts every day.
- Most dinners (four-course, including wine).
- Full van support, snacks and drinks on the ride each day.
- Experienced tour guides, and daily detailed maps and route notes.
- Transportation and luggage transfers during the tour.
- Gratuities for transfers, hotels and restaurants.
- Custom ATG bike jersey and souvenir map with tour route.
- Airfare and travel insurance.
- Lunches are on your own, so you have maximum flexibility in your day.
- Non-group dinners on the free evenings. This gives you a chance to try the restaurants of your choice.
- Bikes are not included, but are available for an additional fee.
- Personal services, including laundry, telephone, hotel minibar charges, etc., are not included.
What Our Guests Are Saying
"The Alps, Vercors and Mont Ventoux tour was an absolutely amazing experience. Gary and Lise knew every inch of road from start to finish to maximize the enjoyment of riding some of the classic Tour de France stages. The trip started on the shores of Lake Annecy and ended in the beautiful vineyards and lavender fields of Provence. Every day offered plenty of options for challenging, scenic and fun rides with time to explore the unique towns and sights of the French countryside. The small inns and hotels provided a comfortable place to call home during the trip as well. I would recommend ATG and this tour to anyone, especially those interested in challenging themselves on the French Alps."
"Cycling in the French Alps with Gary and Lise was challenging, rewarding and enjoyable. It was the experience of a lifetime."