- Climb the 24 switchbacks of Vrsic pass.
- Enjoy scenic lakes and unspoiled forests.
- Climb the Mangart, Slovenia's highest road.
- Visit Lipica, home of the famous Lipizzaner horses.
- Explore the remote southeast region.
- Visit the Unesco World Heritage Site of Skocjan cave.
This challenging and extensive cycling tour includes the most interesting, undiscovered areas of Slovenia. The route begins in Ljubljana, the delightful capital of Slovenia, and circles north over the Julian Alps, through the Soca River Valley, the Brda wine region and Kras. You'll also ride through the remote southeast part of the country, home to vineyards, virgin forests, traditional farms, medieval monasteries and modern thermal spas.
Average Daily Mileage and Terrain
Weather: Get more information about the weather in this area here.
- Lodging in quaint, welcoming inns and hotels.
- Hearty, cyclist-friendly breakfasts every day.
- Most dinners (four-course, including wine).
- Full van support, snacks and drinks on the ride each day.
- Experienced tour guides, daily detailed maps and route notes.
- Transportation and luggage transfers during the tour.
- Gratuities for transfers, hotels and restaurants.
- Custom ATG bike jersey and souvenir map with tour route.
- Airfare and travel insurance.
- Lunches are on your own, so you have maximum flexibility in your day.
- Non-group dinners on the free evenings. This gives you a chance to try the restaurants of your choice.
- Bikes are not included, but are available for an additional fee.
- Personal services, including laundry, telephone, hotel minibar charges, etc., are not included.
What Our Guests Are Saying
"We had such a great trip, again, with Gary and Lise last Spring. Slovenia was such an eye opening experience and had a little of everything; mountains, beautiful rivers, fun cities and villages, vineyards and last, but not least, really wonderful riding. We've come to expect the excellent service and an easy going feel on a trip with Gary and Lise and our trip last May was no exception. Again, lovely out of the way places to stay, wonderful people who were eager to share their country with us, and riding that was well tailored to the group's desires. We've never been disappointed with the experience that Gary and Lise make possible through Adventure Travel Group."
Bob and Ruth Wade, Aspen CO
"I had the time of my life. I always felt well taken care of by the tour leaders. The rides completely met challenge expectations and I finished with a sense of accomplishment. The scenery was magnificent. I’d do it again."
Richard B. Spencer, Edmonton, Canada
"Get it right the first time! Trust your next European cycling vacation to Gary and Lise, and you'll be rewarded with expert attention to even the smallest details. Croatia was our first-ever trip with them, and we were very pleased with how they made us feel right at home. Unique to their small-group setting is the lodging, food, cycling routes and 'local flavor' you won't get with bigger groups. We can't wait to travel with them again!" Bob and Lynn Green Lynchburg, VA
Dave Benson, Fort Collins, CO